The Writing Center, Aug. 2014-Present
Writing Tutor Specialist
– Interfaced with clients on strategic approaches in the short-form and long-form content development of research and writing assignments. Consistently received positive feedback in anonymous reviews.
– Produced culture-related alumni tutor videos for website optimization and contributed to center growth by promoting services to internal and external partners.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Aug. 2013-May 2019
Graduate Teaching Assistant
– Instructed roughly 500 undergraduate students in 18 face-to-face and online courses in writing, research, film studies, and television criticism over 16 semesters.
– Designed and implemented in-class activities, lectures, and assignments. Assessed quality of student work according to course objectives and incorporated changes to improve curriculum.
– Supervised training of new instructors and evaluated classroom teaching.
College for Teens/Kids, Jun. 2016-Aug. 2019
Summer Program Instructor
– Adapted college-level courses into one- to two-week summer courses for middle school and high school students. Topics included: fiction writing, television representation, film studies, and participatory culture.
Upward Bound Math & Science, Jun. 2015-Aug. 2019
Summer English Instructor
– Developed and taught 6-week summer English and writing curricula for high school students from underrepresented racial and low-income backgrounds interested in pursuing the STEM fields in college.
Career Planning & Resource Center, Jan. 2014-Aug. 2014
Career Resource Assistant
– Researched best CAS practices and created accessible career resource guides on resume and cover letter writing that enriched career advisor presentations and one-on-one appointments.
– Developed informational career resource video for website to more efficiently advertise the center’s services across social media and internal communications.
New Mexico State University Carlsbad, Aug. 2012-May 2015
– Adapted college-level course (History of Film) for online students of New Mexico State University according to the Quality Matters Rubric (5th edition).
– Completed online training for QM instructional designer certification and piloted the course during Spring 2015.
– Lectured, graded, and led discussions and activities for courses in the English and Creative Media Technology Departments, both face-to-face and online.
Administrative Assistant, Student Advising
– Tracked student enrollment and problem-solved issues with degree requirements. Communicated with external departments and ensured program was in compliance with academic policies and procedures.